WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
When you register as a member (“Member”) on one of our Sites, we will collect and store your personal information, including your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, and any other information from which your identity is discernible. We will also collect and store payment information, including your credit card number. We may also collect and store demographic information such as your ZIP code, age, gender, and interests. Sometimes we collect or may collect a combination of the two types of information. We also gather or may gather certain information about your use of the Site, such as what areas you visit and what services you use. Moreover, there is information about your computer hardware and software that is or may be collected by us. This information can include, without limitation, your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses. This data is used to manage the Site, track usage and improve the Site services. Some of this data is linked to your personal information in order to protect Sempris from fraud.
SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
Sempris may share your information with the following entities:
- Carefully selected third parties for marketing purposes;
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention;
- Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services;
- Other companies within the Sempris network.
You always will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from commercial messages in any such messages we send you. Please note we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating either to your account on one of our Sites or to your transactions on any of the Sites, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
We also may share your information:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of Sempris, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy. From time to time, Sempris or a partner may sponsor a promotion, sweepstakes or contest on one or more of the Sites. Members may be asked to provide personal information, including name, e-mail address or home address, or to answer questions in order to participate. We may transfer personal information to certain ad partners that you have requested to receive information from.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors a particular Site receives or what are the most popular discount offers. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Sempris does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. No one under age 13 is allowed to provide any personal information to Sempris. In the event we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
INTEREST BASED ADVERTISING
We may partner with third-party service providers to serve ads on our behalf on non-affiliated third party sites. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information we or the online advertising network serving the ad collect about your online activities here and elsewhere over time. For example, anonymous information collected across multiple sites that you visit over time may enable the ad network to predict your preferences and show you ads that are most likely to be of interest to you. Please note that we do not share any information that identifies you personally with the third party service providers who serve ads on our behalf. To opt out of these types of ads, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative for information about how to opt-out of interest-based advertising by their members.
See http://www.networkadvertising.org for general information about the NAI and http://optout.networkadvertising.org for the opt-out page. You may also visit http://www.aboutads.info/consumers/ to learn about online behavioral advertising and how to opt-out from online behavioral ads served by some or all participating companies.
Site user accounts are secured by passwords. Although no communications over the Internet are 100% secure, we work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. Please note, however, that we cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time. For any additional information about the security measures we use on the Sites, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONTROL OF YOUR PASSWORD
DECLINE TO RECEIVE INFORMATION
If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please contact us at: email@example.com.
NEVADA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under Nevada law, Nevada residents may submit a request directing us not to make certain disclosures of personal information we maintain about them. To exercise this right, please contact us:
- By phone at: 888-669-4070
- By email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online at: Do not sell my info
- You may also visit your membership website, if applicable, and click on the link “Do Not Sell My Info”
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of Sempris who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding twelve calendar months. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding twelve calendar months.
This section contains disclosures required by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and applies only to “personal information” that is subject to the CCPA. Consumers with disabilities may access this notice by calling 888-669-4070 and one of our privacy experts will assist you with your request.
Personal Information We Collect, Disclose for a Business Purpose, and Sell. We collect the categories of personal information about California consumers identified in the chart below. As further set forth in the chart below, in the past 12 months, we have disclosed and sold California consumers’ personal information to third parties for business or commercial purposes.
Categories of Sources. We collect this personal information from the following categories of sources:
- Call centers;
- Credit card processors;
- Payment service providers;
- Service providers;
- Internet service providers;
- Commercial transaction data resellers;
- Government entities including the United States Postal Service
Our commercial purposes, which include:
- Marketing of services;
- List rental;
- Lead generation for products/services;
- Direct mail solicitations of products/services;
Our business purposes as identified in the CCPA, which include:
- Account Servicing;
- Customer service;
- Legal compliance;
- Detecting security incidents, fraud, and illegal activity;
- Processing orders and payments;
- Internal operations;
- Activities to maintain and improve our services; and
- Other one-time uses.
Recipients of California Personal Information. We sell the categories of personal information designated above to the categories of third parties listed below:
- Advertising/marketing companies;
- Advertising networks;
- Affiliate networks;
- Auto warranty companies;
- Internet service providers;
- Cable service providers;
- Collectible companies;
- Business services/agencies;
- Business to business companies;
- Communication services companies;
- Consumer credit card companies
- Financial services companies
- Food & gifts companies;
- Health & wellness product companies;
- Home security companies;
- Home good/furnishing companies;
- Insurance companies;
- Lifestyle & interest product companies;
- Magazine subscription companies;
- Medical device companies;
- Membership companies;
- Not-for-profit organizations;
- Tobacco/cigar companies;
- Telecommunications/cellular companies;
- Travel, leisure, & entertainment companies;
The below company may collect personal information when you interact with our digital property, including IP addresses, digital identifiers, information about your web browsing and app usage and how you interact with our properties and ads for a variety of purpose, such as personalization of offers or advertisements, analytics about how you engage with websites or ads, and other commercial purposes. For more information about the collection, use and sale of your personal data and your rights, please use the below links.
- Company: Rakuten Marketing
- Your Rights: https://rakutenmarketing.com/legal-notices/subject-requests
We disclose the categories of personal information designated above to the categories of third parties listed below for business purposes:
- Service Providers;
- Customer service call centers;
- Third party verification companies;
- Payment processors and gateways;
- Payment service providers;
- Data analytics providers;
Your Rights Regarding Personal Information. California residents have certain rights with respect to the personal information collected by businesses. If you are a California resident, you may exercise the following rights regarding your personal information, subject to certain exceptions and limitations:
- The right to know the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell about you, the categories of sources from which we collected your personal information, our purposes for collecting or selling your personal information, the categories of your personal information that we have either sold or disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties with which we have shared personal information;
- The right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you or maintain about you.
- The right to opt out of our sale(s) of your personal information. Please note that if you opt out of certain types of sales, we will be unable to provide you with the services that rely on such sales.
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
The exercise of the above rights are subject to certain exceptions and limitations as permitted by the CCPA and relevant regulations. For example, we may not delete certain personal information we collected from you if retaining the information is necessary for us to provide you with services or products that you have already purchased, to use the information in ways that are reasonably anticipated in the context of those transactions (e.g., to be able to answer questions about those transactions if you call our customer service line), or to comply with any applicable legal obligations.
To exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the following information and submit the required verifying information, as further described below:
- By phone at: 888-669-4070
- Online at: Do not sell my info
- You may also visit your membership website and click on the link “Do Not Sell My Info”
Verification Process and Required Information. For your protection, we may need to request additional information from you to verify your identity or understand the scope of your request, although you will not be required to create an account with us to submit a request or have it fulfilled. We may, depending on your specific request, require you to provide, at a minimum, two data elements which we will use to verify your identity.
Authorized Agent. You may designate an authorized agent to make a CCPA request on your behalf. In order to make the request, your authorized agent must visit theDo not sell my infopage and follow the instructions as outlined on this webform.
Minors’ Right to Opt In. We do not sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
P.O. Box 5034
Hopkins, MN 55343-1034
Attn: California Privacy Rights
Alternatively, you may call toll-free 888-669-4070 and one of our privacy experts will assist you with your request.